Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wonderful, Crazy, Beautiful Life

What an incredible two weeks...my feet are a little closer to the ground. We never seem to stop gazing at our beautiful daughter and I thank God every day for this precious gift he has given us, for the incredible people at Harrah's (our adoption agency), and for my supportive husband, family, and friends.

The day after Referral Day (10/03/07), I received the translation of Sophie's information at school. Her Chinese name is Li Die Hua - translation Beautiful Butterfly...hmmm, she already has beautiful butterfly's in her room. Could this be some of that mother's intuition??? All of the medical and developmental information indicates she is very healthy and on track!

As difficult as I know it must have been for her birth mother, Sophie was brought to the orphanage at 1 day old. She was 18.9 inches long and 6.2 lbs. A birth note was attached to her blanket, stating she had been born 12/04/06. I pray for her birth mother and thank her for bringing her to the orphanage so quickly, so that she could receive the proper nutrition and health care.

The translation also indicates she is a deep sleeper (whew!), when awake is very active (Great, she'll fit right in with this very active family!!), likes to play with toys and her little friends, and loves to be held! Good thing....I can't wait to hold her!

When I received the package at school, I sent two students to the front office to pick it up. I wondered what was taking so long, then they showed up with a large box and hole cut out. Harrah's DHL package was inside...the pics below are my 6th period Geometry class (dare I say, they are my favorites!) with THE package and me as I was checking out the contents. Notice I already had a picture of her on my desk - one Tracey framed and brought on Referral Day:) Not much work accomplished that day in 6th period....






No comments: