Thursday, November 17, 2011

Back to school...stories

In September...after picking her up from school one day Sophie told me.."Mom, I sit next to someone new now". I told her I thought it was good to switch things up - trying to be sure she doesn't inherit any of my OCD like behavior...She went on to tell me that when someone talks too much they have to sit on a new letter for circle time. Of course, I'm thinking one of the boys in her class got moved next to her for talking too much...not my shy little sugar plum...WRONG!! When I asked her if it was Powers or Ryland (who by the way are adorable little fella's that she just loves!), she just said "Oh no mom, it was me...I was talking to Ryland too much!"

Tucking her in one night, I was silly dancing to Kipper on the Sprout channel (just listen to the music...it'll make you want to silly dance, too!)...anyway, she told me I was NOT going to win the dance contest. Again, trying to throw a lesson in, I just kept dancing telling her that it didn't bother me if someone doesn't think I dance well, I like to dance and I would just keep dancing if I wanted to...I finally stopped, bent down to kiss her good night, and she said "Don't worry mom, you win the best mom contest"!!! Made my day...week...month...year...life!!!

Another day there was some discussion about butterflies in your stomach and I was trying to explain that whole thing...told her when I started my teaching job I was excited and happy and nervous all at the same time and it gave me a funny feeling in my tummy. So I asked her if she ever felt like that...if she remembered ever having a funny feeling in her tummy and she said..."yeah, when you picked me up in China I had butterflies in my tummy". Coulda knocked me over with a feather! I choked back tears and just had to hold her a while...

She's doing great in school, still would rather be, as she puts it "where ever you are mom", but ventures off from me way better than in the past. Next year will be the real deal - kindergarten. Time is flyin....

Here's some pics from our scalloping vacation over the summer.


This was the day all was finally FINAL and we got our English birth certificate!


Yep, it still exists and is great for little ones!


Sassy girl!


Sleepy girl!


Scalloping girl! She really did dive down and catch scallops!


Hungry girl...and her cousin, Jack.


Proud Ava!


Happy girl!


Lovey girl!


Boating alongside a momma and her baby.


Sophie and her Daddy.


Sophie and her Mommy diving down in the freeeezing springs.


Deciding to head back to the warmer water.


The girls!!


See ya next year Three Sisters...

Thanks for checking in...Love to all..

No comments: