

Finally, on Tuesday, October 2, we (well, I got the call at school) got the call. During my planning period, Stephanie, the best dossier consultant in the world, called with congratulations. I lost it! I just blubbered so hard, off and on, that I thought for sure, Stephanie would get frustrated. She couldn't have been sweeter or more patient. She started by telling me how beautiful she was...more crying. Then that she had big round eyes - just like me, I said. Then that she had fine hair that was sticking straight out all over - just like her daddy, I said! Then told me about the next picture of her on her tummy with...more crying - can you repeat that??...and something about another picture...can you repeat that again?? She was born December 4, 2006...now I really lose it - she's not even a year old yet!I barely held it together the rest of the school day. Barry and I opened the pictures together at home about 4:00 p.m....more crying. Jamie, Logan, and Cruz came right over - Thanks! Followed by Nana, Tracey, Eric, Jack and Ava....and tons of phone calls and e-mails. She is so loved already!
Time for bed...I don't want to go to sleep. Why, Barry asked. I'm afraid it's a dream...I can't stand the thought of waking up tomorrow only to discover I was dreaming. He just held me and said it's no dream, baby. The entire day was magical...except for my red, puffy eyes and nose.
More later, much more paperwork to get rolling on now, but we should be able to hug and kiss her by late November. Isn't she just beautiful!!
Love to all and please keep her in your prayers.
p.s. Happy Birthday, Rhonda!!
7 comments:
Debbie & Barry, What wonderful news! It was a complete surprise since I was expecting this news on Thursday. We all gathered at the computer last night to admire your little Sophie! Malachi said, "Barry and the lady we went fishing with are having a baby!" We are so thankful this day has finally arrived for you two. God is so good and gracious to us and He does have everything in his control! Try to be patient (ha,ha) and trust Him to work out all of the details. I believe we may have to make a visit to Florida in the summer of '08. So make sure you have all your parenting skills under contol by then! Still sending our love and prayers to you - Cousin Mitzi and family in Tennessee P.S. Sophie's precious picture is on display on my desk at school!
Well, I have to say, I felt today like it was all happening to me. The picture of Sophie, was posted at my desk all day - right dab in the middle of everything so no one could come near me without admiring that beautiful little girl. I talked about her all day ~ literally ~ think I probably didn't get much work done today! I love her already ~ my heart is truly aching right now because I'm just so happy for you guys and because I know that little girl has no idea how much love she's about to walk into!! That's just so awesome!! You both are so deserving of this and I'm so happy for both of you!! We love y'all so much!!
Dad & Deb,
I could not be happier for you both. Your little angel will be here in no time. I already know what a great Dad she will have because he has made my life more amazing than he could ever know and Deb you have so much love inside of you for this precious little girl that I know she will be the happiest little girl in the world. I am so excited to have a little sister...I've always wanted one and I can't wait to teach her everything I can. It won't be long and she will be in your arms and those big beautiful eyes will be locked into yours and she will see that for the rest of her life she will be safe and loved and spoiled (just a little!!) and given the world by the two amazing people that are now her parents. I pray everyday for her and for you both. Now, that the river of tears is flowing from my eyes...I will sign off. My love and my absolute admiration go out to both of you, thank you for always being there for me and giving me and my family the love and support you always have. I love you both.
OK - Where's my comment? I was the first to write one and it's not here! I promise I did not curse or give any reason for my comment to be deleted! Now I have to try and remember what I said...
Well, I know I said how gorgeous she is and that I love her feet! There's just something precious about baby feet! I read the translation today and melted when I read that she loves to be held. There might be one or two people around to do that! Good things DO come to those who wait! I'm just tired of waiting - go get her already! Sophie will learn that her Aunt has a hard time with patience. I do take comfort in knowing she is being well cared for! Look how healthy and beautiful she is! Thank you to those amazing angels in China who have given her love all this time. Besides, she's in Nanning, isn't that where all Nana's come from??? I watched my daughter sleep a while tonight and thought of you. I can't wait for you to experience this love that your heart simply cannot prepare for. Sophie is so loved already! Jack & Ava will be so excited to see her and FINALLY meet their cousin! We love you and Barry so much, you will be awesome parents together. I'm counting the days...
She is beautiful! Is she from Yulin 1st SWI in Guangxi? We adopted our DD last Nov and she had on same outfit and pics were taken on a playmat that looks just like that. If so, and you would like more info on the orphange (great one by the way)I will be happy to chat with you.
Mendy
RQ poster
Sophie is absolutely adorable! Congratulations!
Bonnie Schwartz
Santa Fe, NM
Post a Comment