The flight home was MUCH better than the flight to China...other than my tummy issues. No crazy happenings...but about 20 minutes into our first flight, though, Sophie did a "number" and my fabulous husband, feeling sorry for me, volunteered to do the diaper change. He had not changed one poopy diaper, then had to do it in an airplane bathroom. I felt so bad for him...only for a few seconds, though :) Out of about 20 hours of flying time, Sophie had about 3 rough hours. She made lots of friends!
I'll never forget this trip and will tell Sophie about it often. She comes from a very beautiful country, with a very rich history.
Our last group picture.
Sophie suddenly becomes a "cling on" baby.
But we had to get the famous Red Couch picture.
Ahhh, I have my mommy again. All is good!
Can we remove the hair accessory now???
I love my family!!
Feeling brave...no one around except for mommy and daddy.
Our gorgeous daughter...we are so in love with her.
Hope to see you again soon, Gemma!
Hmmm, tell me more about Christmas....
Building renovation next to our hotel.
The scaffolding is made of bamboo and twine...Can you say OSHA violation??
Sand worms available at the restaurant around the corner...if only my stomach had been feeling better, I would have tried some...sure, yeah, I would have..
Which one did you want for dinner? This one? No, that one...I never did figure out how they resolved that situation...
The inner cities are dense with high rise apartment buildings.
Big girl riding a bus home after the American side of the adoption is final.
Not so big girl wanting to know "How much longer??"
My last bath in China.
All is going well at home. Sophie is having a time getting used to sleeping in a room alone. I spend a lot of time in the rocking chair with her in her room. She did sleep with us twice and it was wonderful, but we feel it's best for her to feel comfortable in her own room. Say a prayer for her...and for me, it's tough hearing this baby I've waited so long for cry...
Will give another update soon. Love to all...
5 comments:
Deb...I was fine until the last sentence. Waaaah!
You've patiently waited through how many family members' and friends' pregnancies with selfless love and support???? You even guided some of us through the 'conception process'! I cannot imagine the roller coaster emotions you've been through over the years. Nobody could blame you for not letting Sophie out of your sight, even sleeping with you (and you with one eye open!). Faith. Love. Hope.
God bless you and your newfound, long-awaited family.
Yay for updates. We had Ainsley in her crib in our room for about a month. And then moved her into her own room. We fully believe in the what ever works philosophy to get everyone the most amount of sleep!
MMA
I can't wait to see all of you guys, but you need to work out a date!!!:( But in other words if yuo were wondering, we did get back home safe and sound all except for Aly she has a LOT of sound!!! Well anyway can't wait! With love always!!!
Your Laynebug
New Year Blessings to your family! We have enjoyed following your journey and are happy you are home safely!
~Michelle
Mrs.Blake! She is so beautiful! I am so glad yall made it back safe! I want to come see her one weekend i am home! i hope all is well!
Love always,
Brooke Stine
Post a Comment