Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, 12/10/07 in Guangzhou

Today was our first full day here. At 9:00 a.m. we all met in the lobby to walk over to the visa photo office, then to the medical exam office. She was quite solemn for her photo, then as we were waiting for our turn in the VERY busy medical office, she fell asleep. I got all teary watching the other babies, crying in fear, and I dreaded seeing Sophie go through this. I'm so thankful she doesn't have to endure a doctor visit until we get home:) Anyway, today was a great day! Sophie is becoming more relaxed around us, yet also becoming more dependent and attached. It feels so good to know that we comfort her when she is scared (it happened at the temple visit today - some ladies were trying to give her some small gifts and scared her...she just wanted me to hold her and she immediately calmed right down) or tired.

Hope you enjoy the pics...


Hangin with my Daddy!


Sophie's friend, Gemma, with her mommy, Mary.


Mom's and babies before the dredded exam.


Thank goodness she slept through it! She weighs 19.2 lbs and is 29 inches long.


Talking on the phone to Aunt Tracey! Can wait to meet you!


Sittin pretty...


Visit to the Six Banyan Temple. Named after 6 huge banyan trees on the grounds. What beautiful craftmanship! So sad to learn that all the temples/buildings and 3 of the trees were destroyed during WWII. All was rebuilt after the war. So heartbreaking to imagine what war does to lives and cultures..




More from the temple.


One of our AWESOME guides, Kathy. Sophie just loves her!


Seafood resaurants feature LIVE seafood!!


Spitting in public is quite common...


Havin fun with mommy!


Did you know I have 6 teeth???!!!


Still back there, mom?

Love to all,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are gorgeous...She is so beautiful...good lookin' mom too!

I love this blog thing. I can't wait...wish we could be there the 13th, but I wait for the 15th either!

Did you kiss her on her nose, for Papa and Nana Rose?

Love,

Dad & Rose

Anonymous said...

I meant to say I can't wait for the 15th either!

Love,

Dad & Rose